An Apprenticeship Broker can:
- Support you to access young people from age 15/year 10 for School Based Apprenticeships.
- School Based Apprenticeships can be working for 1-2 days per week with you, which can be good if you can’t commit to a fulltime apprentice or trainee.
- Their Trade training is done either in blocks or a day per week.
- Their compulsory schooling, like English and math is done on the other days.
- All of this counts towards them getting their year 11 and 12.
- The apprenticeship is completed after year 12, then the employer needs to take on the young person fulltime.
- Full time apprenticeships are an option for young people who are work ready too, if you would prefer fulltime.
To access these young people, it is as simple as:
- Contacting an Apprenticeship Broker to let them know when you have a need for a school based or fulltime apprentice.
- They can then recommend the top students in trade courses for you to interview.
- If you wish to move forward from there, they can organise the parties to sign the contract.
- One of which is the Apprenticeship Centre, who ensure your incentives are received and submit the contract.
- Apprenticeship Brokers can work with and refer you to group training too, if you have a young person in mind that you wish to employ.
- Apprenticeship Brokers can also do appraisals around the 3 month mark, and support any mediation type work needed especially in the first 3 months.
Other information you may need is:
- Regarding wages, the first point of call is Safework SA on 1300365255 (they may put you on to ‘Fairwork Australia’ depending on the kinds of business you have).
- You can ask them about the wages, if you need to pay super and tax and how to go about that.
Useful documents and links:
- The information below includes employer information, incentives, commonly asked questions,
|Commonly Asked Questions.pdf||99.73 KB||20/05/2015 14:17:59|
|Employer Introduction Letter.pdf||73.14 KB||20/05/2015 22:34:27|
|Employer Registration Application.pdf||43.17 KB||20/05/2015 14:22:03|
|Employer Registration Process Fact Sheet.pdf||99.17 KB||20/05/2015 14:21:45|
|Guide to Employing Trainees and Apprentices.pdf||106.62 KB||20/05/2015 22:43:22|
|Summary of Employer Incentives.pdf||75.17 KB||20/05/2015 14:20:02|
|Supervising your Apprentice or Trainee.pdf||1.4 MB||20/05/2015 22:46:36|